We’re resuming public worship on Sunday, May 31 at 10 AM for one service per week.
All of us are eager for the conditions we enjoyed before the pandemic to return. Unfortunately, health professionals recommend a gradual return to normal, so we will be practicing social distancing and taking other measures for the unforeseeable future. We are asking everyone to respect these recommendations so that we can worship safely and responsibly when we come back together.
If you do not feel that it is safe for you to come out of quarantine or to be in large gatherings, please understand that our plans to reopen are not intended to hold anyone under any obligation to participate in corporate worship before they feel it is safe to do so. Members who are uncomfortable coming to services are encouraged to continue to self-quarantine and take advantage of the opportunities that are available online.
Needless to say, if you have recently had a fever or any other symptoms, or feel sick, please stay home.
Below we have listed some guidelines for resuming our public worship services beginning May 31 at 10 AM:
- We will begin to live stream Sunday’s entire 10 AM worship service on Facebook and YouTube for those who are at home. The Wednesday night live stream at 7 PM will continue indefinitely.
- There will be no onsite classes on Sundays or Wednesdays until further notice. We will hold one onsite service per week for now.
- Greeters will be stationed at the four marked entrances in the front and back to help our members understand social distancing guidelines and direct them to their seats for worship. Also, they will keep outside doors propped open and clean.
- Our meeting spaces will be arranged to accommodate social distancing. People from the same household should sit together. Members from different households should stay six feet apart.
- Services will be held in the auditorium and fellowship hall. The fellowship hall will be reserved for our high risk members since it has more exits and is easier to sanitize. Everyone in the fellowship hall should wear face coverings. While face coverings are not mandatory in the auditorium, all members are strongly encouraged to wear them.
- Worshipers will pick up communion sets on their way in so that they may observe the Lord’s supper when prompted. The unleavened bread and fruit of the vine will not be passed during the services.
- Collection plates will be placed at the entrances instead of passing collection plates. Also, we will continue receiving online donations.
- Please do not gather in the foyer or auditorium either before or after services. After services close, please remain seated until you are dismissed by row. For the safety of all, we ask you to refrain from handshaking, hugging, etc.
- The nursery will be open but not attended.
- We will not have fellowship meals or any gatherings involving food until health professionals indicate it is safe to do so.
- Printed bulletins will be replaced by a digital bulletin to be received by email until further notice. All items, such as songbooks, Bibles, and personal effects will be removed.
- Water fountains will be shut off and unplugged.
- Increase hygiene practices: wash hands frequently, avoid touching your face, practice good etiquette when coughing or sneezing. Hand sanitizer will be made available throughout the building.
If you need assistance with anything, please contact us to let us know what we can do. You may email us at email@example.com, call (205) 699-2447, or contact one of the church leaders.