March 29, 2020
This home worship guide has been provided to help you lead your family in worship at home. Simply follow the guide from beginning to end. As Christians, we will continue to worship the Lord on the first day of the week while praying that we will all be able to gather together again very soon.
All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.2 Corinthians 5:18-20
- Continue to remember our country, and the whole world, as we face a global epidemic.
- Pray for those who are sick – those who have contracted coronavirus, but also those who have other health problems and face additional challenges due to the current situation.
- Pray that our congregation will make the necessary adjustments so that we can continue to do the Lord’s work.
- Pray for God to nurture relationships in our lives and teach us how to love one another.
Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, ‘Take, eat; this is my body.’ And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, ‘Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.’Matthew 26:26-29
- After every baptized Christian has the unleavened bread, pray something like this: “Father in heaven, we are reminded of your Son’s body which he gave on the cross so that we might be forgiven of our sins. We pray that we might live in a manner worthy of his sacrifice. In Jesus name, Amen.” Following the prayer, instruct everyone to be the unleavened bread.
- After every baptized Christian has the fruit of the vine, pray something like this: “Father in heaven, we are mindful now of the blood your Son shed on our behalf. As we drink this fruit of the vine, remind us of his faithfulness and his great love. In Jesus name, Amen.”
God’s people give as they have purpose, not reluctantly or under compulsion, because God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7). We have been instructed to give on the first day of the week when we gather together in the assembly (1 Corinthians 16:2). This Sunday, however, we do not have the privilege of sharing the same space with one another. Although it is not ideal, we have two other options available to complete our worship to the Lord giving:
- Mail a check to: Ashville Road Church of Christ, 1401 Ashville Road, Leeds, AL 35094
- Give online here: